AmadeusWeb — About UsSee our v4 release or our services. We are the technology backbone of the YieldMore Network and of Joyful Earth through which we offer services. Engage with Amadeus Web
- Request a demo / discussion.
- For developers / digital agencies.
- For business owners / ideators / facilitators.
- Web building
- Marketing and Networking
- Mentoring and Volunteering
- Healing / Life Visioning
Making Websites — [Docs] — Assistant...scanning for sections
Making Websites — Documentation
To have amadeus running locally as per the setup.
Jumpstart with the YieldMore flavour
- To reuse backend code and avoid duplication and repetitive feature management, AmadeusWeb.com now supports a netwotk of sites as content only using the builting code flavour.
- An example of this is bitbucket.org/yieldmore/peace/ and bitbucket.org/yieldmore/healers/.
It is expected for you to amend this document as you have doubts / clarify them with Imran.
Migrating from v3.5 to the new YM flavour
After including entry.php, add this:
rename cms to ../site-cms.php
'use-parent-slugs' => true, 'sections-have-files' => true, 'home-link-to-section' => true,
add sections and optionally featuredSections (used by directory/home)
For more details see joyfulearth/core migration of Aug 2023.
Starting a Website From Scratch
NOTE: Do this only if the design is radically different from yieldmore.org
- Add a folder matching the name of your domain (yoursite for instance) to localhost and prepare to copy over multiple files from the amadeus folder.
- Copy index.php file in the root folder and adjust the relative path of the entry.php (add a "../amadeus/" to it).
- Copy .htaccess also from the root
- Amadeus has the concept of "safeName", configured in cms.php which usually matches the site's folder name and is used for the logo / icon which files are expected. Therefore, if your safeName is "yoursite" then pls add icon-yoursite.png | firstname.lastname@example.org | logo-yoursite.png.
- Now create a "code" folder and copy the cms.php from it and make an empty functions.php
- Open cms.php and change the name | byline | safeName, reset the version to 1 with the current date, include contact information, comment out image-in-logo for now and styles and scripts also update the social items
- It is good to remember the fact that the urls inside the app are either relative (in content) or absolute (in the menu). It is mixed because the home page is one level up from the inner urls (we always end with a trailing slash). Hence change the url variable to match the site folder name for local and your domain name for the other. Do note that ternary conditions are used and it's a double ternary when maintaining preview subdomains separately.
- Please also remove the section on "standalone.php". With this, the work on the code folder is done.
- Add a "content" folder to the site root with and index.md file and use the markdown syntax for it's content.
- Add other file names in kebab casing and keep watching as they get added to the menu automatically on refresh. In the root content folder, Amadeus will recognize (in it's renderFile method) .html, .md, .php and .txt, using wordpress' wpautop (auto paragraph) function for txt files unless # or are detected.